About the European Drinking Water Cooler Association
The EDWCA is the largest water cooler and dispenser association in Europe.
Our objectives are to assist our members in delivering the best drinking water solutions to their customers and help them achieve the highest standards possible. The role of our trade association is to set standards around the quality of training, installation, hygiene, equipment, service provision, water quality and general maintenance. In these areas we are very focused on providing members with clear standards that ensure the health of the user is always placed at the centre of each standard and procedure.
The EDWCA (European Drinking Water Cooler Association) was established in April 2001 and was formally known as the EPDWA.
All members of the association are bound by its Bylaws and the Code of Advertising and Conduct.
The Executive Council members are elected by the membership and must represent a cross section of that membership. The Executive Council elect the principle officers, Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Treasurer, and Committee Chairmen as designated.
The Executive Council meets a minimum of four times a year.
To achieve the aims and objectives of the association a number of committees have been established and these include: Technical, Audit & Training and Membership & Marketing Committees.
EDWCA aims to:
- Set and maintain the highest standards for hygiene through training and advice.
- Promote adherence to ethical, professional and legal practices.
- Serve as the authoritative source for information concerning our industry.
- Facilitate the exchange of best practice in technical, scientific and regulatory information between members and related bodies.
- Work with Government and other agencies whose regulations effect industry standards.
- Cooperate and discuss areas of mutual interest with other organisations.